Last weekend, we went to Sydney’s Best Outdoor Track in Wilberforce, Hawkesbury. It was recommended by one of our friends so we drove about an hour from our place.
We were booked at 11am for a 60min kart race. It’s 4x of 15min race. It’s $110 per person but since it’s school holidays, we got 15% discount plus the $5 licence card so we just paid $98.5 per pax. It’s a bit pricey though but it was worth it. They also have group rates if you come in a group of 10 or more.
So here’s the procedure:
1. If it’s your first time, you have to register on their database using their own system.
Note: If you link your FB, they can upload your best time automatically every after the race.
2. Pay at the cashier for the booked time. Once paid, you should be seeing your name/face on the screen for the list of riders.
3. Everyone should use hair nets under the helmets. There should be no hair hanging outside the helmet.
4. Wait for their go signal as they will assign the Kart numbers before the race.
5. Once kart is assigned, race track instructions were given.
6. All set!
Clothing requirement: Cotton long sleeves (if not, you’ll be wearing their jumpsuit)
Here we are all geared up!
We were asked to take a rest every after 15 mins. After each round, the another team will start their race.
And here’s my best times throughout the race. It’s good that my time is improving every race!
At the end of our 1 hour race, we were so hungry already. We should’ve gotten the 1/2 hour race. I think it’s good enough. It’s cheaper too! Next time we know. 🙂 We went for our late lunch at the Heritage Hotel Wilberforce. It was recommended by the Indy 800 guys and it’s definitely amazing. They had big servings just perfect for our angry stomachs. The price was not bad at all. So if you’re up for a good big lunch after your race, you can count on Heritage Hotel’s pub food.
Have you been karting before? Share your experience!
Indy 800 Kart Track
Phone: (02) 4575 1265