As part of my pre-employment requirements (yes, I’m back on Corporate world!), I need to get an NBI Clearance. Too bad my last NBI Clearance was March 2011 so I have no choice but to get a new one.
I never knew that NBI Clearance application/renewal was changed due to previous system’s issue. I’m not sure about that but my friend Coe just got her NBI Clearance and informed me of the new process. Since according to blogs and internet search results, the fastest place to get your NBI Clearance is in Robinsons Otis. There are a number of Robinsons Malls that has NBI Clearance services but since I’m scared with all the information that it will take you 6-8 hours just to get your clearance, I’d rather risk going to Otis.
NOTE: Don’t forget to bring a VALID ID when getting your NBI Clearance.
Problem: How to get to Otis?
Easiest way is to go to Pedro Gil either via LRT or Jeepney if you’re coming from Manila. And then ride a tricycle in Pedro Gil going to Robinsons Otis. That’s it!
I got there 9:00am and yes, true to what I read, there was a long queue. I then reserved a seat for my friend since she’s on her way already. Since it was inside the mall, luckily aircons are available so it wasn’t too bad since we were also sitting.
These are the Steps in getting your NBI Clearance:
Step 1 – Payment (Php 115 for Local Employment)
Step 2 – Encoding
Step 3 – Thumbmarks and ID Picture taking
Step 4 – Releasing
The duration of your stay depends on the number of persons encoding and how fast they can input your details. There was supposed to be 2 persons encoding your details but from time to time either one of them take breaks so there would only be one person to do the work.
After 4 hours I got my NBI Clearance, meaning we finished around 1:00pm. Good thing I was confident that I don’t have a “hit”. If in case you got a “hit”, you have to go back after 10 days for the release of your clearance. Well, that’s too much hassle for me who is not living around Manila.
All in all, the system was executed smoothly and no negative comments for their service. By the way, one employee also orients how to fill up the application form while waiting for their turn. Things to take note are the following:
1. On the field DATE, input complete date meaning: November 9, 2011 (month – day – year)
2. On the field LAST NAME, input Maiden Name for those who are married woman and Last Name for those who are not.
3. On the field HUSBAND’S SURNAME FOR MARRIED WOMAN, input your Last Name when you got married, leave BLANK if Single.
4. PASSPORT DETAILS is only applicable if applicant is ALIEN.
5. Don’t forget to affix your SIGNATURE after filling up the form.
Basically that’s it.
Actually, I really want to know how it works in other Robinsons Malls. They say that it is advisable to go there by 3pm since there are less applicants compared in the morning. If you’re near the area, maybe you can do that. However, if you leave far from the area like me, I won’t risk that late. Hahaha!
I heard other Robinsons Mall have a cut-off, only first 500 applicants. That is not true in Otis branch. Their cut-off time is 4:30pm so they still accept applicants until that time. In Robinsons Galleria, they say that you have to be there by 6:00am and will finish at 4:00pm. Process and system is poor I guess. Anyway, if you have inputs to better serve and inform other readers who wants to get their NBI Clearance fast, I would appreciate if you post a comment in this entry.
I got this list from RianTalks blog:
AS OF October 25, Here is an updated list of NBI Clearance centers:
- NBI Main office Taft Avenue, Manila
- Robinsons Place Ermita
- Robinsons Otis
- Robinsons Galleria
- Robinsons Metro East
- Robinsons Cainta
- Ever Gotesco Grand Central
- Ever Gotesco Manila Plaza
- Ever Gotesco Commonwealth
- Quezon City Hall
- Mandaluyong City Hall
- Muntinlupa City Hall
NBI Central Luzon Regional Office
- Capitol Compound, San Fernando City, Pampanga
- Capitol Site, Batangas City
- City of Sta. Rosa, Laguna
NBI Central Visayas Regional Office
- Capitol Site, Cebu City
NBI Eastern Visayas Regional Office
- Sto. Nino Extension, Tacloban City
NBI Western Visayas Regional Office
- Fort San Pedro, IloIlo City
NBI Southeastern Mindanao Regional Office
- J.P. Laurel Avenue, Bajada, Davao City
NBI Northeastern Mindanao Regional Office
- Provincial Capitol Compound, Cagayan de Oro City
NBI Dagupan District Office
- A.B. Fernandez West, Dagupan City, Pangasinan
NBI Cordillera Administrative Regional Office
- 125 Upper Session Road Baguio City
NBI Cagayan Valley Regional Office
- Carig Regional Center, Tuguegarao City
NBI Caraga Regional Office
- 2nd Flr, FCB Building, J. Rosales Ave., Butuan City
NBI Legazpi District Office
- Quezon Avenue, Legazpi City
NBI Sarangani District Office
- San Pedro St., Lagao, General Santos City